A history of service. A supportive community. A broad range of healthcare offerings. A lot of pieces have come together to make Bartlett Regional Hospital what it is. We're committed to being the best community hospital in Alaska, so take a closer look at who we are!
Originally known as St. Ann's Hospital, the hospital opened in 1886 and was operated by the Sisters of St. Ann until the 1960s. In 1965, the hospital's operations were turned over to the City and Borough of Juneau, and a new facility was built at the hospital's present location on Hospital Drive.
Bartlett Regional Hospital is licensed for a total of 57 inpatient beds and 16 residential substance-abuse treatment facility beds in the Rainforest Recovery Center. The hospital serves a 15,000-square-mile region in the northern part of Southeast Alaska. Approximately 55,000 people reside in our service area, with most communities inaccessible by road.
The Joint Commission accredits Bartlett Regional Hospital and all of its services. The hospital hosts a laboratory, which is certified by the College of American Pathologists. Mammography services are certified by the American College of Radiology. Bartlett Regional Hospital is a certified Medicare and Medicaid provider.
Do You Have Questions About Healthcare? ASK A QUESTION