- What does a Chiropractor do?
The term ‘Chiropractors’ generally refers to doctors of Chiropractic who offer chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic care focuses mainly on diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disorders through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine.
- When should you visit a Chiropractor?
Chiropractic programs are helpful for muscle-related or unexplained lower-back pain, even when you’re healthy. So, whenever you’re experiencing any of these issues, visiting a Chiropractor is fine. However, make sure the Chiropractor you are visiting is trained and licensed.
- How to choose the right chiropractor?
Doctors of Chiropractic use different practice philosophies and techniques. Therefore, consider your rapport with the doctor as well as your compatibility with joint manipulation style practiced by them. The best you can do is to check for, if available, any recommended chiropractors that are covered by your health insurance plan.
- Is chiropractic covered by insurance?
Yes, chiropractic services are covered by most health insurance policies. However, it is better to check with health insurance providers to know if there’s a clause in your insurance policy which covers the charges incurred at Chiropractors’ clinic.
- What are the medical conditions which can be treated Chiropractic practice?
Doctors of chiropractic offer treatment options for various conditions related to the spine, symptoms for which are evident in most areas of the body. You can visit a chiropractor near you if you’re experiencing problems like Subluxation, back pain, pain due to car accident injuries, chronic pain, herniated disc, migraine headaches, neck pain, sciatica, and sports injuries.
Major types of Chiropractor in USA
- Neck and back pain Chiropractor
- Pregnancy Chiropractor
- Pediatric Chiropractor
- Baby Chiropractor
- Prenatal Chiropractor
Chiropractor vs Physical Therapist
Chiropractors and physical therapists are two different medical professionals, headed by different councils of North America, offering different healthcare services.
- Chiropractors are more experienced and use some form of manipulation to restore joint function. On the other hand, physical therapists are less experienced and utilize joint manipulation to a very small extent.
- The education curriculum of physical therapists and chiropractors is completely different. Chiropractors spend months in physiology, pathology, clinical examination, radiology, laboratory testing and interpretation and diagnosis classes, which, is very much lacking in case of physical therapists.
- Chiropractors are accessible to general public i.e. anyone experiencing medical problems curable by doctors of chiropractic can visit a Chiropractor near them without any referral or medical prescription by a Doctor. A visit to Physiotherapist would require the person to obtain a referral from a licensed Doctor.